Friday, August 5, 2011

From obese to "just" overweight...

Yes!!!  I got up this morning and weighed myself- 192.8!  Yeah!  Okay, so in terms of BMI, I am now officially classified as overweight instead of obese.  That's an improvement, right?  My BMI is 29.3, which is the high end of overweight, but still... Since I started out with a BMI of 50.8, I am pretty happy to see 29.3!  When I reach 170 lbs., I will officially be in a normal weight range for my height, according to the BMI calculator.  My goal is really 150 lbs.; I will have a BMI of 22, which is supposed to be the optimal BMI for good health.  Plus, being 150 lbs. would be pretty awesome.  The smallest I can ever remember being was 101 lbs. the summer between third and fourth grade.  I can also remember losing weight during the summer between fifth and sixth grade and being able to buy a women's size 6 dress.  So, at 150 lbs., I may be the same size as I was in sixth grade.  Pretty freaky...
Here's the proof!

1 comment: